Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day! I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll leave you with my favorite quote about daddies. It's from Chris Rock's Bigger and Blacker show and, though I cleaned it up with * in place of the swear words, it's still, well, from Chris Rock... be warned.

Now, if the kid can't read 'cause ain't no lights in the house, that's daddy fault. He got this down. Nobody give a * about daddy. There's some real daddies out there. I'm not talking about the guy that just * you and left, * him, okay? I'm talkin' about the real daddies. There's still some * out there that handle their business. There's some brothers who handle their business.

But nobody give a * about daddy. Everybody take daddy for granted. Just listen to the radio. Everything's mama, dear mama, always love my mama, mama, mama, mama. What's the daddy song? Papa was a rolling stone! Now, mama got the roughest job, I ain't gonna front. But at least people appreciate mama. That's right, every time mama do something right, mama get a compliment. 'Cause women need to hear compliments all the time. Women need food, water, and compliments. That's right, that's right. And an occasional pair of shoes. That's right. Women got to hear it all the time or they lose their mind. And make sure you thank your mama for everything. Tell your mama how good the food is. Tell your mama how nice the house looks. Tell your mama how nice her hair looks. Did you tell your mama? You better go in there and tell your mama. That's right, tell your mama, tell your mama, tell your mama.

Nobody ever tells daddy *! I'm talking about the real daddy that handle the * business. Nobody ever say, daddy, thanks for knocking out this rent. Hey, daddy, I sure love this hot water. Hey, daddy, this easy to read with all this light... Nobody give a * about daddy. Think about everything that the real daddy does. Pay the bills, buy the food, put a * roof over your head. Make your world a better, safer place. And what does daddy get for all his work? The big piece of chicken, that's all daddy get, is the big piece of chicken. That's right, and some women don't wanna give up the big piece of chicken. Who the * is you to keep the big piece of chicken? How dare you keep the big piece of chicken! A man can't work 12 hours and come home to a wing! When I was a kid, my mama would lose her mind if one of us ate the big piece of chicken by accident... you ate the big piece of chicken?! Oh, lord, no, no, no, now I got to take some chicken and sew it up. Give me two wings and a pork chop ! Daddy'll never know the difference.




...and for those who really have no reason to celebrate this day or who are hurting because of this day I want to send you a huge :hug: from me to you.

No comments: