Friday, February 18, 2011

Ruby Red Socks

Fresh off the needles and not even blocked yet... though I'm not sure if I'm going to or not... are a pair of socks made for a swap over on the Hyena Cart forum. They totally remind me of ruby red slippers!

All in all I really enjoyed this pattern. But on a funny side note... once I got to where I would normally start toe decreases on my own foot, my brain decided it wanted to stop making the socks and went on shut down for a while. I had to pick-up another project for a bit before I was able to jump back in and finish these. I have a small amount of yarn left so I'm really happy I didn't push the leg to 2 full repeats.

The stats: made from fingering weight yarn dyed by EcoWrapz in the color Ruby Red. The pattern is Belle Vitini (rav link) by Kristi Geraci. Knit two at a time and I had to use two 29" Susan Bates Quicksilvers because apparently Addi doesn't make size 2.25mm needles. Made in size medium to fit a size US women's 9.5 foot. The leg was made with 1.5 repeats of the pattern and the heel flap was knit changing the ws to k instead of p like the chart suggests.

No comments: