Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Swallowing Camels: our home's hiccup remedy

My son was wandering around the house one day looking a little distraught so I asked him what was wrong. He looked at me and told me, "I [hiccup] have the [hiccup] hiccups." As he was trying to figure out what to do with himself and his predicament I overheard him tell himself that he must have [hiccup] swallowed a 600 or [hiccup] 300 bump camel. Oh my sweet boy! What an imagination kids have.

Well after that I filled up an 8oz cup with water from the tap (because that's what we drink around these parts) and had him hold his breath for 10 pretty drawn out seconds. Then he exhaled quickly and drank the water (or as much as his little tummy could handle in one sitting like that). This one seem to always work for us.

What are some hiccup remedies that are tried and true for you?

No comments: