Friday, April 2, 2010

Trying to Make This Home

So I've been in San Jose for about two months now and I'm still working on making this place home. At this point in life I have become quite used to moving every 1 to 2 years but what I'm not used to is the change that happens when leaving. My moves, save one prior to this one, have always been local, so changing friends, churches, schools, has never really been an issue. I'm also more of a small town girl and San Jose, with it's population 900 some-odd thousand, is not such a small town. It's busier, it's faster, it's so much more self absorbed. Yes, I said that. I know that there is selfishness everywhere you go, but, for reasons I can't quite describe, everything feels so much more "me" oriented around here (and not the "me" as in people are considerate of "me").

Trying to adapt to the busyness has been a bit overwhelming, and when I get overwhelmed... I shut down. That's my coping mechanism. Kinda sad really. But I have been wanting to get back on here and put my thoughts down on, umm... machine.

Part of adapting and adjusting is getting things back in my life that need to be, and getting things out of my life that need not be. Blogging -- back in. I have something I'll be rolling out in the next month so keep your eyes open. One thing that's leaving is the excessive amounts of toys in the kids' playroom. Yes, I purged the toy closet before we moved but somehow, between there and here, the toys multiplied. So now it's time to divide.

So as I work on making this house a home, I'll be back here too from here on out -- battling my world one blog post at a time I guess.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm glad you're back in the blog world :)

Amie said...

Thank you so much! It's really nice to be back :)